Subject: Re: NewTek suggestion
From: [email-masked] (John Crookshank)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 95 13:50 CDT

On 18-Oct-95 09:51:42, Mike Vandersommen ([email-masked]) Emailed: 

> ->         I would guess that we are all upset by it.  I remember when
> -> the Toaster first came.  There was not even a word about it until
> -> they were ready ship.

> Exsqeeezeme? I remember going to NEW TEK Booths at AmiExpos and WOC
> events and seeing the Toaster being hawked years before it was
> available. Unless my memory is really starting to implode.

The Toaster was shown for several years at trade shows during it's
development, as a "future" product, and it was some time before it even had
a name. Anyone remember the NewTek product called "DigiFX" that was
mentioned in their ~1988 "Demo Reel" disk? It was NOT, however, being
advertised during that time, nor were they taking orders. All us Amiga
geeks who went to the Amiga shows were well aware of the Toaster long
before it came out, but it was not announced to the general public or
advertised until the NAB convention, just 30-60 days before they actually
began shipping it.

As a general note of humor, our company exhibited near NewTek at AmiExpo
in Chicago in '88 or perhaps '89, and at that time one of the NewTek
monitors had real live camera video mapped to all sides of a rotating
cube, warped on to a rotating sphere, etc., which was drawing dumbfounded
gasps from the crowd. I walked through the show with our Regional
Manager of Commodore, who chatted briefly with the folks at NewTek, and
then he said "Looks like you guys might have something there, if you can
just figure out how to keep the cube from rolling like that." After a
distinct pause, the reply was "Yeah, thanks, we're working on it..." :-D

      ______________________________________________________________
     /     John Crookshank         | Raptor3 DEC Alpha Workstations \
    |  MicroTech Solutions, Inc.   | Lightwave 3D, Toaster/Flyer     |
    | Desktop Video Systems Dealer | JVC Professional Video Products |
    | NewTek Systems Group Dealer  | PVR, Speed Razor, and more.     |
    |------------------------------|---------------------------------|
    |     [email-masked]              http://www.mt-inc.com/       |
     \______________________________________________________________/

--
[email-masked] (John Crookshank) sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]